Scar Camouflage tattoo – Different tattoo techniques and skin tone colours are used to achieve a result that blends seamlessly with the surrounding skin, significantly reducing the noticeability or whiteness of the scar. Please note, this treatment is not suitable for all scars. This is not a permanent tattoo, retouches may be required. I can darken a light scar, I cannot lighten a dark scar. A consultation appointment is required to determine suitability. If an area is suitable for a scar camouflage tattoo, a quote will be given at the consultation appointment.
Cover/disguise your scar with a traditional style tattoo
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT COSMETIC TATTOO ARTIST FOR YOU?
We are an unregulated industry, as such, we do not need/have to obtain certification to teach or perform our treatments. From my 9 years tattooing experience, I have put together some tips and considerations to help you choose the right artist for you.
Ask to see their qualifications:
- Do they have certificates of qualification?
- Did they learn in a 3+ month course or a 1-7 day course?
- Was it on-line or hands on?
- When was it completed?
- Have they continued their education since?
- How often do they update their skills?
- Do they have proof of further education?
TIP # 2
- Do they hold current Public Liability and Medical Malpractice Insurance Policy?
- Do they have certification of completion of an Infection Control course?
- Do they have a current Council Licence for Skin Penetration?
TIP # 3
- Evaluate the cleanliness/presentation of their rooms.
- Are they using disposable needles/attachments? Ask to see.